It’s no longer a secret that running a business is full of challenges—especially, business on F & B (Food and Beverages) where you will find many competitors. Creating restaurant logos is a different story, though. It is also challenging, but the best part is if your logo is good and eye-catching, you will grab a chance to attract potential customers to visit the restaurant and even gain revenues! The extra bonus? You get to learn more about design in a fun way.
What Makes Restaurant Logos Look Smart
It is very common that many restaurant logos are created to promote only the food you specialize at your venue. Sushi, pizza, burger, and seafood can mostly be found on the resto logos. Moreover, your logo should actually inform clients regarding the venue’s specialties and styles. It is important that you figure out first the message you want to deliver through the logo before even selecting icons, fonts, and colors.
Tips & Ideas on Creating an Eye-Catching Resto Logo
There are several different ways to make your logo ideas to come true. Either you hire a professional designer or you do the design yourself, the following tips and ideas will be helpful. If you do the design yourself, there are two options: either you use a professional graphic design software or a free instant logo maker. It really depends on your budget, if you think you have to safe some money for something else, there are always free logo makers like Canva, Looka, and Logaster. Read the following tips and save them for the ‘rainy’ days.
Choose the right icon
For icons, restaurants are pretty much familiar with images of food, drink, and groceries. Below are some more items you can consider:
- Chef’s apron and hat
- Tableware such as spoon, cup, fork, bowl, knife, and glass
- Oven, microwave, stove, etc.
- Kitchen utensils like spatula, saucepan, wok, and ladle
However, before deciding which icon you want to use, make sure that your competitors haven’t used the icon to prevent repetition.
Select the right colors
It is important to choose effective colors for your restaurant logo. The right colors will make your logo memorable. You should know that every color has specific meaning. The food and beverage industry, bright colors should be avoided. Choose natural food colors instead, such as classical black, muted red, shades of brown and yellow.
If you want to use more than one color, be sure to place a balanced color combination. Furthermore, doing a research on other existing restaurant logos would be a wise decision.
Pick the right font
Involving text in a logo means you will have to choose an effective font. Consider legibility of the font and make sure the font can still be readable on your logo at any sizes. Don’t forget that your font also has to match the icon you have chosen. Pick simple and clean fonts such as MigistraIC, Micra, and so on.
To finish off, here are some more recommendations to help you design smart restaurant logos.
- Do not put your logo into a mess. A text and an icon are enough. Sometimes, it’s highly recommended that you choose only one element–-either a text or an icon. Avoid too crowded images and texts.
- Do not use multiple fonts. Use two matching fonts at maximum. More than that, your logo will look cluttered.
- Give off some blank spaces on the tips of the logo. If the arrangement is too close to each other, your logo will look unfriendly.
- Never imitate your rivals. Learning from others doesn’t mean you can copy their ideas. You should analyze successful restaurant logos and make your logo much better!
- Create and save your logo in a vector format. That way you will save more time and energy. The bonus is you won’t have to bother changing the formats in the future.
Despite the fact that creating smart restaurant logos can be challenging, it doesn’t mean you cannot do it. If you have a rather low-budget plan for your logo design, no worries, there are always free logo makers that will help you create a smart and eye-catching logo. Give it a try and the rest, you will end up having fun trying it!