With the growth of online marketing channels, from Ads to landing pages or SEO, flyers, also known as leaflets, and many other types of printed marketing materials are now considered an ineffective way of marketing.
Some may leave behind leaflets, brochures, business cards, and other ‘conventional’ marketing channels. However, those conventional marketing channels are still relevant and applicable even in this digitized age.
So how to create impactful flyers and generate more desirable results?
Follow through the lines below!
Pay Attention To 3 Elements in Creating Impactful Flyers
Build The Basic Elements
Colors, headlines, imagery (icons, graphics), engaging copy, and layout are the basic elements you need to consider when properly creating flyers of your service or product.
- You want to influence your targeted market to feel and think about your offer, right? So, try grabbing the intention you target from your audience or market by carefully choosing the color layers.
- Define the key message you want to deliver to your audience. Think about a compelling headline to draw people into the message. Try to keep it short, clear, and on point.
- Engaging copy is not only about the headline but also how to turn the offer, product, or service details towards customer experience, not product oriented. Thus, knowing who exactly your audience is, is the first thing you should know.
Again, keeping the body message clear, concise, and on point with a tempting call-to-action at the end of the copy will be the ultimate combination in creating an engaging copy. Providing an urgent call of incentive is one example of turning the traction into action.
- Imagery can be an illustration, a photo/image, icons, or graphics (chart, symbol, or drawings). Different types of imagery have their power in communicating the message. Wisely choose which imagery corresponds to represent the message of flyers better.
Your brand’s logo is branding’s essential as well. Despite other pretty elements, remember to put your logo on the flyers, not only as a part of imagery but as a representative of your product or service.
- Then, don’t forget to observe the layout. Single-piece sheet flyers sometimes push you to add anything to the page; say a firm no to this. Meanwhile, using a collage could be a win-win solution if flyers necessitate various elements.
- Combining each visual hierarchy from color and headlines to any graphic elements needs a balance of the layout. Find harmony. Keep relevancy between the message you want to deliver with the text and the graphical element you want to put into the flyers.
Experiment with Style
Once the basic elements are constructed, you can go for more specific items in the flyers.
- Typography: just like colors, and imagery, typography is an element to support how you communicate the message to your audience. From fancy to popular typography, you need to select the appropriate typography that aligns with your brand’s voice and the message. It is better if you already have a key visual as a branding representative for your product or service.
Styling the typography is also a way to emphasize the message and compose a more harmonious and legible hierarchy of messages you want your audience to absorb from the content.
- Give a certain touch to express the vibe. You can use text effects, create suitable patterns, and play with shades and texture. A double exposure effect could also establish a uniqueness to your brand flyers.
If the content consists of complex ideas, why not try to make it simple by breaking them into infographics or flowchart flyers models?
Enrich Stock of Ideas
Today, creating flyers does not require someone with a very artistic competency.
It is essential always to enrich your stock of ideas or references. There are numerous flyers themes, from old-school ads posters, and retro, to film and video games themes which can be transformed into multiple-purpose flyers.
Beforehand, flyers are created in a single printed sheet to draw attention for a specific purpose and as a reminder in a more lasting manner.
Today, when using it as an integrated marketing strategy with online marketing channels, flyers can help businesses stand out and make a more impactful result, increasing web traffic or improving conversion rate.
Get some flyers inspiration or templates you can use from the get-go on our Envato page!